DCUO Platform Vs Platform

One of the big reasons why I didn't get into DCUO sooner was that I could not decide on which platform to play it on.  Until this week, the $50-60 fee for the box effectively locked you into a single platform.  Now that the barrier is gone and I'm trying both systems, my indecision is not entirely resolved. 

While the keyboard/mouse controls on the PC are not as bad as I expected, I definitely find the core gameplay - especially the camera - feels more natural on the controller.  Perhaps that is just because I am familiar with using the right analog stick for this purpose.  Unfortunately, all of the secondary functions, including access to menus and especially any concept of using chat for anything, are painful when you have to hold down one button, move the stick, open a virtual keyboard, etc - checking the map for reference, for example, is a substantial irritant. 

Meanwhile, the game is almost certainly cheaper on the PC.  I don't remember the last time I heard of a sale on PSN point cards, but Station Cash goes on double bonus sale every other month or so.  Those of us who play EQ2 can also earn free station cash by canceling our subscriptions so that SOE will pay us to reactivate them at the next "winback" promotion.  Finally, if you pay for other SOE games, it's possible that a $5 upgrade for rental access to the DLC content packs might make sense for you.. 

I suppose the best solution to this problem would be to use the money I didn't spend on a game box to purchase some sort of game pad for my computer.  Win all around?